Minor power outage; some HTC and HPC jobs interrupted

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 02:15:28 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Minor power outage; some HTC and HPC jobs interrupted
Greetings,

Due to a brief power outage in the Discovery building server room earlier this evening, a number of HPC and HTC execute servers went down (as well as the learn.chtc.wisc.edu submit server used by some classes), as intended for such a loss of power. Jobs will have been interrupted on both systems. Any affected jobs on the HTC System will have remained in the queue to re-run, but some HPC Cluster jobs will need to be requeued.

As usual, we are working with the building IT team and others to get the affected servers up as soon as possible, so they can run jobs again. Unless there are further issues, we do not anticipate sending another update as services are restored.

Please continue to contact us via chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with any questions or issues.

Thank you, again,
Your CHTC Team