Brief interruption to certain HTC services

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:31:25 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Brief interruption to certain HTC services
Greetings CHTC users,

This message is for users of our high throughput computing (HTC) system.

There was a brief network outage in the CS building today (July 29) impacting connections to some of our HTC servers, including:
- the Gluster file system
- submit-1, submit-4
- researcher-owned submit servers

All of our servers stayed up and jobs should have kept running; however, jobs depending on Gluster may have failed during between 2:45pm - 3:05pm. Users of submit-1 and submit-4 would also have been unable to log in during the same time window.

Everything should be back to normal now; email us (chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx) if you have any questions.

Best,
Your CHTC team