Re: Users of submit-5: Move to submit-1 by 2018-11-21

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 16:23:53 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Users of submit-5: Move to submit-1 by 2018-11-21
Reminder!

Please make sure you have moved to submit-1.chtc.wisc.edu by this Wednesday if you have been using submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu in the past.

Cheers,
Your CHTC Team

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:56 PM Lauren Michael <lmichael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THOSE WITH ACCOUNTS ON submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu:
(those without accounts on submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu can ignore)

Due to a recently-apparent issue with the submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu quotas, we would like to go ahead and move all users of the server to the newÂsubmit-1.chtc.wisc.eduÂ(which runs the newer CentOS7 Linux operating system) a bit sooner than planned. (Users of submit-3 will move to a newer CentOS7 submit server at a later date.)

Please begin using submit-1 NOW, and migrate any data for future jobs by EOB Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
  • If you have used your HTC account within the last year, we have already created your account with a 20GB quota on submit-1.
  • If you cannot log into submit-1, please send an email to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx and let us know.
  • Only move data that you'll need for new computational work, rather than moving ALL of your data; this is an excellent time for some clean-up of your /home directory. Write to us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with an explanation if you think you'll need more than 20 GB of space on submit-1.
The submit-5 server will be decommissioned after Wednesday, November 21.Â
  • Begin moving/removing your data from submit-5 NOW, so that there is not a mad rush in the days just before this date. Any data not migrated to submit-1 by then will be lost. CHTC does not keep backups of any of your data on our systems.
  • Jobs still in the queue at that time will be lost and need to be resubmitted from submit-1.
We'll send at least one reminder email between now and November 21. Please remember that CHTC filesystems are not backed up. You should not have any data on a CHTC server that is not backed up in a non-CHTC location, and only have data on CHTC compute systems that is being used for actively-running jobs.

Thank you,
Your CHTC Team