HPC Cluster update: head nodes down

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:02:40 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HPC Cluster update: head nodes down
Greetings CHTC users,

This message is for users of our HPC cluster. As some of you have noticed, the head nodes for the HPC cluster (aci-service-1.chtc.wisc.edu and aci-service-2.chtc.wisc.edu) are running extremely slowly -- it takes a long time to log in, and once logged in, even simple commands take a long time to complete. There is an underlying file system issue causing this behavior, which means that it will continue until our administrators can troubleshoot and address it.Â

Our administrators will be working on this issue as soon as they can. In the meantime, we recommend not using the head nodes, including but not limited to: logging in, transferring data, installing software or submitting new jobs. Jobs that have already been submitted should not be impacted.Â

We will send you updates via this email list when we have a significant update or when the issue is resolved. Individual queries can be sent to our support email, chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best,
Your CHTC team