HPC cluster back up; new home directory quotas

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 16:11:04 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HPC cluster back up; new home directory quotas
Greetings CHTC users,

The HPC cluster is back up and now has home directory quotas. If you are a user of the HPC cluster, please read on for more details.Â

There are now two home directory quotas for each user on the cluster: one that limits total space used and another that limits the number of files and directories contained in your home directory. The default starting quotas are 100GB and 50,000 files/directories per user. These default quotas are based on previous reports from the cluster and our best estimate of the size/file counts required for software installation and running jobs. Higher quotas will be available by request to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

We recommend getting started by installing or copying back your software packages (if any) to the cluster. As you get re-started, do not have more than one data transfer process occurring through the head nodes (aci-service-1 or aci-service-2) at a time. If you determine that you will need higher quotas, please provide relevant details (size/number of files needed per job, number of software packages to be installed, files already in use in software packages, etc.) in email to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Information about the new quotas is also now available in our HPC Cluster Use Guide for your future reference, including instructions on how to check your current home directory usage of file sizes + file counts.

Thank you to all for your cooperation during this process as we seek to support all researchers by maintaining well-functioning systems.Â

Cheers,
Christina + the CHTC team.Â