[Chtc-users] SQUID functionality restored

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:18:57 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] SQUID functionality restored
Greetings,

We have resolved the issues with the SQUID proxy and /squid location. You should be able to resume using each, as usual.

Please write to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with any questions or difficulties.

Cheers,
Your CHTC Team

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Lauren Michael <lmichael@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,

We are aware that the SQUID proxy for large files on the HTC System is unreachable, and we are in the process of troubleshooting to get it working again.

Implications:
Any jobs dependent on files in /squid (where you've placed the files in /squid on a submit server) will fail to download the files from the SQUID proxy server (http://proxy.chtc.wisc.edu, or when using the URLS feature of ChtcRun).
You will not be able to access the /squid location to view or transfer files, if you've previously been given access.
- Please discontinue any hanging commands that are attempting to interact with /squid by using CNTRL-c. You may need to disconnect from the submit server, altogether, to cancel these.

Help Us:
It is possible that the behavior of a user caused or contributed to the issue. If you might have done any of the below or believe you may have otherwise mis-used the /squid location, please send an email to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx ASAP, so that we might identify the problem sooner:
  • submitted jobs from within the /squid location, instead of your /home location
  • placed single files larger than 4 GB in /squidÂ
  • placed more than a total of 100 GB of data in /squid in the last week

We'll provide an update when the /squid and the SQUID proxy are functional again, but will at least have an update by the end of the day.

Thank you,
Your CHTC Team