[Chtc-users] Interruption to HTC and HPC systems, May 7

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:37:50 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] Interruption to HTC and HPC systems, May 7
Greetings CHTC users,Â

This email serves as advanced notice for a downtime affecting the HPC cluster and HTC submit nodes (submit-3 and submit-5), scheduled forÂMay 7, from mid-morning until 7 or 8 pm. The downtime is taking place in order to upgrade the network in one of our server rooms. Â

What will be affected? Â
  • On both systems, users will be unable to log into the HPC head nodes (aci-service-1, aci-service-2) and HTC submit nodes (submit-3, submit-5) during the downtime.Â
  • Jobs still in the HPC cluster queue will be killed and will need to be re-submitted, after access to the head node is restored. Â
  • Jobs submitted to the HTC system via submit-3 or submit-5 will remain in the queue, but will not successfully complete until the submit nodes have been turned back on. Any jobs interrupted by the outage will be automatically re-run by HTCondor after submit-3 and submit-5 are rebooted. Â

Again, the downtime is planned forÂMay 7. We are providing advanced notice so that users can plan ahead. We will send out another notification a week before the downtime - in the meantime, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Â

Best,Â
Your CHTC team

--
Christina Koch -ÂResearch Computing Facilitator,Â
University of Wisconsin - Madison, Center for High Throughput Computing