[Chtc-users] CHTC's HPC cluster is back online

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:15:54 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] CHTC's HPC cluster is back online
Dear HPC Cluster Users,Â

If you only use CHTC's high-throughput computing (HTC) system via HTCondor submission, feel free to disregard the below message. Â

The HPC cluster is back online today (November 20), starting at 4:15 pm. You should now be able to log in and submit jobs. The final optimization of the filesystem upgrade is still ongoing, so you may see subtle performance issues when viewing files, particularly recently-created temporary files. Â

The 100-GB quota per-user will take effect after the final filesystem optimization completes, and we'll send another email at that time. Note that once quotas go into effect, you and your jobs will only be able to add more data if your total use of data is below the 100-GB quota. Therefore, you may need to work now to get your use of data to below 100 GB. You can use the command:Â
 Âdu -sh *
within any directory to see the size of files and sub-directories within that location. Â

We will respond to detailed requests for temporary quota increases on Monday, in the order they are received. Â

The upgrade went quickly and smoothly, thanks to everyone's efforts to clean out their home directories. We appreciate your patience as we optimize our resources for everyone's use.Â

Have a good weekend,Â

Your CHTC team