[Chtc-users] HTCondor Week 2015: open talks and CHTC office hours cancelled this week

Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:56:23 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] HTCondor Week 2015: open talks and CHTC office hours cancelled this week
Dear CHTC users,Â

Due to facilitator participation in HTCondor Week, CHTC office hours are cancelled this week (May 18 - 22). In addition, response time to support requests may be slightly delayed. Continue to email us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with your questions and concerns, and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can. Office hours will resume as usual next week (May 26). Â

For those of you on campus, certain HTCondor Week talks are open to the public - information from our previous email to this list is below. Â

Have a great week! Â

Your CHTC Team

***
Open talks at HTCondor Week 2015

We hope that those of you who wanted to participate in HTCondor Week have registered by now.ÂWe also wanted to draw your attention to the below talks, which are open for anyone on campus to attend.Â
(Further participation, including consumption of conference refreshments, requires registration.)

Tuesday, May 19

9:00-10:15am ÂTutorial: An Introduction to Using HTCondor
10:15-10:35am ÂTutorial: HTCondor and Workflows: An Introduction
1:55-2:40pm ÂTutorial: HTCondor and Workflows: Advanced
3:15-3:35pm ÂNew condor_submit features

Thursday, May 21

1:25-1:45pm ÂOptimizations in running large-scale Genomics workloads in Globus GenomicsÂ
by Ravi Madduri, Argonne National Laboratory

1:50-2:10pm ÂAmazon Web ServicesÂ
by Jamie Kinney, Amazon Web Services

2:15-2:45pm ÂPanel: The Money Road to the CloudÂ(aka. "How UW researchers may soon access Amazon Web Services for computing")
CHTC's Director Miron Livny, UW-Madison CIO Bruce Maas, Amazon's Steve Elliot, Ravi Madduri

Please attend if you are able/interested, and spread the word!