[Chtc-users] Open HTCondor Week Talks!! Next Tuesday and Thursday

Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:04:43 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] Open HTCondor Week Talks!! Next Tuesday and Thursday
Greetings Users!

We hope that those of you who wanted to participate in HTCondor Week have registered by now.ÂWe also wanted to draw your attention to the below talks, which are open for anyone on campus to attend.Â
(Further participation, including consumption of conference refreshments, requires registration.)

Tuesday, May 19

9:00-10:15am ÂTutorial: An Introduction to Using HTCondor
10:15-10:35am ÂTutorial: HTCondor and Workflows: An Introduction
1:55-2:40pm ÂTutorial: HTCondor and Workflows: Advanced
3:15-3:35pm ÂNew condor_submit features

Thursday, May 21

1:25-1:45pm ÂOptimizations in running large-scale Genomics workloads in Globus GenomicsÂ
by Ravi Madduri, Argonne National Laboratory

1:50-2:10pm ÂAmazon Web ServicesÂ
by Jamie Kinney, Amazon Web Services

2:15-2:45pm ÂPanel: The Money Road to the Cloud (aka. "How UW researchers may soon access Amazon Web Services for computing")
CHTC's Director Miron Livny, UW-Madison CIO Bruce Maas, Amazon's Steve Elliot, Ravi Madduri

Please attend if you are able/interested, and spread the word!

Regards,
Your CHTC Team

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Hello HTCondor Users and Collaborators!

We want to invite you to HTCondor Week 2015, our annual HTCondor user conference, in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin,ÂMay 19-22, 2015. We will again host HTCondor Week at the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, a state of the art facility for academic and private research specifically designed to foster private and public collaboration.Â

Our current development series, 8.3, is well underway toward our upcoming production release. When you attend, you will learn how to take advantage of the latest features such as working directory encryption, improved EC2 support, IPv4/IPv6 mixed-mode support, and a host of scalability improvements. You'll also get a peek into our longer term development plans--something you can only get at HTCondor Week!

We will have a variety of in-depth tutorials and talks where you can not only learn more about HTCondor, but you can also learn how other people are using and deploying HTCondor across the country and the world. Best of all you can establish contacts and learn best practices from people in industry, government, and academia who are using HTCondor to solve hard problems, many of which may be similar to those you are facing.

Speaking of learning from the community, we'd love to have you give a talk at HTCondor Week. Talks are 15-20 minutes long and are a great way share your ideas and get feedback from the community. If you have a compelling use of HTCondor you'd like to share, see our speaker's page atÂhttp://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2015/speaker_info.html

You can register, get hotel details and see the agenda overview on the HTCondor Week 2015 site. See you soon in Madison!
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2015/