[Chtc-users] We ran out of disk on submit-1.chtc.wisc.edu today

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:27:40 -0600
From: Bill Taylor <bt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] We ran out of disk on submit-1.chtc.wisc.edu today
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Most everyone already had a quota for disk space but some did not.

So the infrastructure folks imposed disk quotas where they were missing.

If you had already secured a raised disk quota, it should still be the same. Everyone else has a soft limit of 20 Gigs an a hard limit at 30 Gigs. To see if you will have immediate issues try to copy a file
to a new named file in your home directory. If you get an error
find out how much space you are using in your home.

To find out how much you are using, type "du -sh ." in your home
directory. Know how close you are to your limit as jobs will start to run and not be able to write user logs and/or not be able to bring back
results forcing your jobs to go on hold.

We reserve the right to not raise a disk quota if it is simply
needed to avoid cleaning up one's usage.

We would like everyone to keep their usage as low as possible so we all
have ample free disk.

For quota changes, send an email with a subject similar
to this:

Dept PI Disk quota change request

and please send it to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks