[Chtc-users] Please create account for Sushmita Roy

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:57:39 +0000
From: "Gore, Brooklin" <BGore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Please create account for Sushmita Roy
Sushmita is a new researcher in the Wisconsin Institutes of Discovery Systems Biology theme. We're working to order and set up a dedicated submit node at WIDMIR, but in the meantime, please create an account on our common submit node per the following:
  1. PI/Username: Sushmita Roy. Possible user names in order of preference: sroy, roys, sushroy, roysush
  2. 2. How heard about CHTC: I heard about CHTC from numerous sources: Michael Coen, Laurence Loewe, Miron Livny. I also read about CHTC from the WID core computational resources page.
  3. 3. Research blurb: " Cellular networks describe the connectivity patterns of the parts-list of a cell and are integral to proper functioning under different conditions. My goal is to identify the networks driving cellular functions, how they process extracellular information to produce appropriate responses, how these networks change across different contexts such as environmental stresses, cell-types, tissues, diseases, and ultimately how these networks have evolved to suit organism life-style and habitat. To address this, I develop computational methods to integrate different types of genome-wide datasets across different environmental, developmental and evolutionary contexts, and infer networks that can predict cellular response under different contexts. These methods can be used for predicting cellular states studying differentiation pathways underlying developmental stages, comparing different diseases, and understanding the evolutionary pressures that shape the networks driving these responses. However, network inference, predictive model learning, and data integration from high-throughput biological assays are compute intensive  problems, that cannot be solved on a single desktop computer. The
    computing resources that are available at the CHTC are ideal for the kinds of research problems I want to solve, and I would greatly from being able to use these resources."
Thanks, ~Brooklin