[Chtc-users] Matlab Upgrade

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:10:55 -0500
From: Bill Taylor <bt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Matlab Upgrade
 We have completed testing of the updated Matlab which we did
to 2009b which is as new as we can go until we get a newer submit
node operating system.

All existing jobs using compiled Matlab code and wrapper
scripts to set the correct environment for the runtime on our
execute nodes are unimpacted.

If you have been compiling/recompiling Matlab code
and running it you must change the environment to ensure
it now runs with the new matching runtime.

We have staged this to the execute nodes and all
you need to do is change all references of "v710" to
be "v711".

If your project or wrapper scripts is pulling from AFS
please contact me for a sample wrapper script which
uses a /data2 path for the old and this new runtime.

If you have any other questions relative to running
Matlab in CHTC just send me an email and I will
be happy to assist.

--
Bill Taylor 263-2656 (cell 219-4430)
Center for High Throughput Computing(CHTC)