Re: [Chtc-users] New Job Attribute

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:01:47 -0500
From: Miron Livny <miron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chtc-users] New Job Attribute
I agree, Dan. Good point.  Miron

Daniel Forrest wrote:
Miron,

It will help us when deciding how to "drain" nodes for jobs that
require a multi-core machine or several nodes. It will be also used
to run jobs in "back fill" mode in such cases.  At this point we do
not plan on using this infomration to assign priorities.

You can always run Standard Universe jobs up to the point that a node
is ready to be claimed for a single user regardless of any of these
constraints because they can be checkpointed within a few minutes.

I also don't see that a Standard Universe job really needs to specify
"estimated_run_hours" for that same reason.

I hope these policies are designed to take that into account.