Re: [Chtc-users] New Job Attribute

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:38:04 -0500
From: Daniel Forrest <dan.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chtc-users] New Job Attribute
Miron,

> It will help us when deciding how to "drain" nodes for jobs that
> require a multi-core machine or several nodes. It will be also used
> to run jobs in "back fill" mode in such cases.  At this point we do
> not plan on using this infomration to assign priorities.

You can always run Standard Universe jobs up to the point that a node
is ready to be claimed for a single user regardless of any of these
constraints because they can be checkpointed within a few minutes.

I also don't see that a Standard Universe job really needs to specify
"estimated_run_hours" for that same reason.

I hope these policies are designed to take that into account.

--
Dan