Re: [AIRG] Robust regression via hard thresholding

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 15:44:43 +0000
From: Aubrey Barnard <barnard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AIRG] Robust regression via hard thresholding
AIRG,

Today Xiaomin Zhang will be talking to us about robust regression. This
particular approach achieves a consistent estimator in the face of
adversarial data corruption. Moreover, a variant based on gradient
descent is fast and scalable. (They claim 20x speedup compared to the
best L1 solver.)

4pm, CS 3310

https://papers.nips.cc/paper/6806-consistent-robust-regression
https://arxiv.org/abs/1506.02428

(While I normally prefer the canonical version from the publisher, in
this case I think the arXiv version is easier to read.)

Aubrey