[AIRG] Fall 2018 wrap-up

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:50:41 +0000
From: Aubrey Barnard <barnard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AIRG] Fall 2018 wrap-up
AIRG,

Our meetings have come to an end for fall 2018, so it is time to wrap up
and think toward spring.

I want to express my appreciation for those who presented this semester.
I believe that AIRG provides a valuable, open forum for learning about
and engaging with ML / AI topics, and it surely would not be possible
without the support of everyone's participation. Thus, for myself and on
behalf of others who share my gratitude, I want to thank everyone for
participating, and especially thank and publicly recognize those who
presented:

* Jinman Zhao (x2)
* Vishnu Lokhande
* Matthew Bernstein
* Collin Engstrom
* Finn Kuusisto
* Yuriy Sverchkov
* Xianda (Bryce) Xu
* Ross Kleiman
* Lucas Morton
* Yunyang Xiong
* David Merrell

I will add the above presentations to the AIRG archive later today.

If you find yourself reading a paper or thinking about AIRG in the
coming weeks, consider volunteering to present in the spring. It is
never to early to volunteer!

Good luck with exams and projects. Have a great winter break!

Aubrey