[theory students] Theory Students Meeting with Faculty Candidate Nathan Klein

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 23:44:01 +0000
From: Matt Sinclair <sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [theory students] Theory Students Meeting with Faculty Candidate Nathan Klein

Hi all,

My name is Matt Sinclair and I’m an Assistant Professor here.  I’ll be hosting faculty candidate Nathan Klein (details below) April 18th – 19th.  As part of his interview, Nathan has requested a meeting with the current Theory students (you all!).  Thus, I wanted to reach out and see if a small group of you would be willing to help organize such a meeting?  We have two choices for it:

  1. A small group of you (~3) could take Nathan to lunch one day during his interview or
  2. We could have an hour-long meeting either Tuesday or Wednesday (not during a meal) where more of you could join.

I’d like to nail this piece down relatively soon, since other people will be signing up and it will be better to have a clear idea of when you all may be available to meet with Nathan.  So, please let me know if this is something you are interested in by next week Wednesday, 2/22/23.  Likewise, please let me know if you are interested in helping coordinate this meeting with other Theory students.

Thanks!

Matt