[theory students] Need a student volunteer at STOC

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:00:06 -0500
From: Shuchi Chawla <shuchi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [theory students] Need a student volunteer at STOC
Hi all,

I'm helping organize a Wikipedia edit-a-thon on behalf of CATCS at STOC this year. We are looking for a student volunteer to help run the event. The time commitment is pretty modest -- 1-2 hours before the event and 3-4 hours at the actual event. The event is scheduled for June 24th starting right after the STOC business meeting at around 9-9:30.

I'm writing to ask if those of you who are going to attend STOC, EC, COLT or any of the other FCRC conferences can help out with this. No prior experience with Wikipedia is necessary.

What's in it for you? My gratitude, but also, this will be a unique opportunity to network with other (junior and senior) TCS people in a relaxed small-group setting.Â

Please let me know ASAP if you're able to help.

Thanks!
Shuchi