[theory students] theory lunch

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 09:26:55 -0600
From: Shuchi Chawla <shuchi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [theory students] theory lunch
Hello theory students,

I noticed that the theory lunch calendar is completely empty for this semester. Please sign up to speak, especially if you didn't speak last semester! Recall that these lunches are very informal. You just need to have something to talk about, but you don't need to prepare slides if you don't want to. It can be as short as 15 mins, or as long as 1 hr. (Usually, even with a 15 min presentation, our discussion will make it stretch to almost an hour anyway.) It doesn't have to be your own work -- could be something interesting you read recently.

Some ideas for specific speakers:
Artem: you could present your SODA'19 work
Vasilis: you could present the work you submitted recently to STOC
I'm sure there are others who have recent work to talk about but I'm forgetting.

Yifeng and Shuai: please prod people if they need prodding.

Thanks
Shuchi