[madPL] Fw: Undergraduate research internship at Penn

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:11:58 +0000
From: "LORIS D'ANTONI" <ldantoni@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Fw: Undergraduate research internship at Penn

From: Joey Velez-Ginorio <joeyv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2023 3:29 PM
To: LORIS D'ANTONI <ldantoni@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Undergraduate research internship at Penn

Hi Dr. D’Antoni,

Just reaching out because we’ve started an undergraduate research internship at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) called REPL (Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Programming Languages): https://penn-repl.github.io

Students come to Penn for 10 weeks over the summer, doing programming languages research and prepping for a PhD in the field. Students who are a strong fit have the following traits:

- Want to pursue a PhD in CS
- Are a sophomore or junior
- Are URMs in CS (e.g. Latinx, black, indigenous, women, … )
- Have some kind of research-related experience, though not necessarily in programming languages
- Have completed coursework or projects involving mathematical proofs and programming
- US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents (per NSF funding stipulations)

Deadline to apply is March 15thTravel, housing, and a $6,000 stipend provided. More complete details can be found on our site: https://penn-repl.github.io

Please let me know if you have any questions. If students come to mind that might be interested do feel free to put us in touch. Happy to answer any questions they may have.

All the best,

Joey Velez-Ginorio