[madPL] Fwd: Looking for motivated engineers interested in research

Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 20:42:46 +0000
From: Justin Hsu <justhsu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Fwd: Looking for motivated engineers interested in research

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Nikos Vasilakis <nikos@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Justin Hsu <email@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Justin!

Hope you're doing well. We're looking for engineers for a new project
that is starting now. The project combines programming languages and
security, and is a collaboration between MIT and Aarno Labs (an MIT
R&D spinoff) so it combines many benefits of working in industry
(e.g., strong compensation) and academia (e.g., publishing papers).
Could you please forward this to the appropriate lists at
WisconsinâMadison (e.g., PL, security, and undergrads)?

I'll follow up with a different email to catch up â thanks a ton!

Cheers,
Nikos

We are looking for motivated engineers (e.g., undergraduates
completing their studies, recent B.Sc./M.Sc./M.Eng. graduates) to work
on projects related to program analysis, transformation, and synthesis.
These projects focus on secure, parallel, and distributed
computing and are part of a collaboration between MIT and Aarno Labs
(an MIT spin-off). A significant aspect of these projects is related
to dynamic programming languages such as _javascript_, Racket, or
Python.

This position combines many benefits of working in industry *and*
academia: strong compensation, intellectual autonomy, impact, and
flexibility in working arrangements. This position would be ideal for
a recent graduate seeking industrial work who also wants to maintain
close ties with academia and be involved in publishing papers with
researchers at MIT. Our team is split between Boston and Philadelphia,
and can easily accommodate remote work.

If interested, please email nikos@xxxxxxxxxx with a short paragraph
about you and your resumÃ.