[pl-seminar] CS 701 class on Wed., April 18, 2018

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 04:48:22 +0000
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] CS 701 class on Wed., April 18, 2018

Hi,

I have scheduled a class on Wednesday, April 18 from 9:30-10:45 AM on the subject "Tips on writing a research paper." It should come in handy for this class's project write-up, project write-ups for other classes, and research papers that I hope you have the opportunity to write in the future.  The class will be a couple of days before your Milestone 2 documents are due, so I think that should ensure a motivated audience J

Although the observations undoubtedly carry over to subjects other than PL, it will be from the perspective of what I’ve seen work in PL-related papers.  Thus, I am cc’ing pl-seminar, and also inviting Aws’s CS701 students (Aws: please forward to your class).

Tom

P.S. We will meet in the usual room for CS 701, Engineering 3024.  The Engineering building is very confusing, but it is easy to get to 3024 if you enter the building at the northernmost entrance on Randall St., then take the stairs to the 3rd floor (many stairs), and go all the way to the end of the corridor.