[pl-seminar] FYI: NSF/CISE/SHF Formal Methods in the Field

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 02:39:26 +0000
From: "Mark D. Hill" <markhill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] FYI: NSF/CISE/SHF Formal Methods in the Field
FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Amla, Nina" <namla@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Important program announcements from NSF/CISE/SHF
Date: February 8, 2018 at 1:48:16 PM PST

Dear Colleagues,
You have been added to the Software Foundation announcement list since you have submitted a proposal to the Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF) program within the last 5 years on compilers, formal methods and verification, programming languages, software engineering or related topics. We plan to use this list to send 3-5 messages per year to announce related solicitations and DCLs likely of interest to this community. You are encouraged to forward these messages to anyone who may be interested. If you do not want to receive these messages, please follow the instructions below.

1. We have a new program which may be of interest to researchers in formal methods and programming languages.

Anticipated Funding: $8,000,000
Number of awards: 8
Deadline: May 8th 2018

There is a webinar planned for 3:00PM-4:00PM Eastern on Friday March 2nd, please check the FMitF web page for more information a week before.
We expect to hold panels in June to evaluate these proposals, and we hope you can help us by signing up to serve on the panel volunteer survey that we will send out in May.

2. The NSF Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) invites grantees with active CISE awards to submit requests forResearch Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Supplemental funding. Priority will be given to requests submitted before March 30, 2018; the potential for funding requests after this date will be limited.

3. Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG): A revised version of the PAPPG has been issued, which will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018.  There are several significant changes made to the new document and we encourage you to have a look at the document, NSF 18-1.

Regards,
Nina, Anindya, Sol

Nina Amla, Anindya Banejee, Sol Greenspan
Program Directors
Software and Hardware Foundations

If you want to join the software foundations announcements list (3-5 messages per year), please send "subscribe sf-announce" to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and respond to the confirmation.