[pl-seminar] Fwd: [plclub] Code Ocean

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:59:26 -0600
From: "Loris D'Antoni" <loris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Fwd: [plclub] Code Ocean
An interesting resource.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Paykin <jpaykin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:08 PM
Subject: [plclub] Code Ocean
To: PL Club <plclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone,

I recently found out about a pretty neat service that I thought I would share. Code Ocean (https://codeocean.com/) lets you publish code artifacts and store them and run them in the cloud. This means that others can access a stable version of your code in a virtual machine so they can reproduce results, run experiments, and browse your code without worrying about configuration on their own machines. It is designed for academia; every artifact gets a DOI, and they are partnering with IEEE to host artifacts associated with their papers. However, it is available and free to use for anyone.

I guess it plays a similar roll to Stack, except that it's hosted in the cloud and is language agnostic.

I think it would be really great if people use more reproducible build systems, so I thought I would put this out there. I am hoping to use this for future projects. What do you all think?

Best,
Jennifer