[pl-seminar] SAS Practice Talk, Monday 3:30PM, 4310 CS (w Donuts)

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:17:34 -0500
From: Tushar Sharma <tsharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] SAS Practice Talk, Monday 3:30PM, 4310 CS (w Donuts)

Hello everyone,

I will giving a practice SAS talk on Monday, 3:30PM in room 4310 CS. It would be really helpful if you can attend and provide some comments.

Title: A New Abstraction Framework for Affine Transformers

Abstract: This paper addresses the problem of abstracting a set of affine transformers v' = v C + d, where v and v' represent the pre-state and post-state, respectively. We introduce a framework to harness any base abstract domain B in an abstract domain of affine transformations. Abstract domains are usually used to define constraints on the variables of a program. In this paper, however, abstract domain B is re-purposed to constrain the elements of C and d---thereby defining a set of affine transformers on program states. This framework facilitates intra- and interprocedural analyses to obtain function and loop summaries, as well as to prove program assertions.

Thanks,
Tushar Sharma