[pl-seminar] Tomorrow's talk

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 06:01:01 +0000
From: Qinheping HU <qhu28@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Tomorrow's talk

Hi everyone,

This Monday, 12pm in 4310CS, John will give a talk: Solving Recurrences via Operational Calculus.

Abstract:

I will present an operational calculus algebra defined by Lothar Berg in his work: Introduction to the Operational Calculus, and discuss how this algebra can be used to solve recurrence relations. I will also show some techniques that can be used to extend the class of recurrences that can be solved via Berg's algebra. I will then discuss some details of my ongoing implementation of a recurrence solver based on the techniques presented. This will include discussion of techniques used in computer algebra systems, such as automatic simplification and techniques used to solve symbolic integration problems.

Best,

Qinheping Hu