[pl-seminar] Fwd: University of Colorado Boulder: Faculty Positions (2 Openings)

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:48:23 -0600
From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Fwd: University of Colorado Boulder: Faculty Positions (2 Openings)
--- Begin Message ---
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:55:23 -0700
From: Bor-Yuh Evan Chang <evan.chang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Ben,

We have two tenure-track positions open in the ECEE Department at the
University of Colorado seeking strong candidates with background
broadly in programming languages and verification.  I would appreciate
your help in advertising these positions.  The official announcement
is copied below.

There is a lot new energy and excitement surrounding Programming
Languages and Verification here (see http://pl.cs.colorado.edu/ for a
snapshot).  I would be happy to talk with any students going on the
job market about our group.

Thank You,
Evan

-----
University of Colorado Boulder: Department of Electrical, Computer,
and Energy Engineering (ECEE) seeks outstanding candidates for two
tenure-track positions in computer systems. The openings are targeted
at the level of Assistant Professor, but experienced candidates with
outstanding credentials may be considered for Associate or Full
Professor.

Candidates interested in rigorous and innovative approaches to the
design and analysis of complex computing systems (from embedded and
cyberphysical to large-scale distributed systems) should apply. We
seek candidates with background in programming languages, concurrency,
security, formal methods, verification, or system engineering.
Preference will go to researchers whose work spans multiple areas.

The positions will help shape the cooperation with the Department of
Computer Science on computing systems.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer
engineering, computer science, or related discipline; they must have
the ability to develop an independent research program, and enthusiasm
for working with undergraduate and graduate students.

The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women,
minorities candidates, people with disabilities, and veterans.

Applications will be evaluated starting December 6, 2011 and until the
positions are filled.

Applications must include a letter of application specifying the
desired position and area of specialization, complete curriculum
vitae, statements of research and teaching interests, and names and
contact information of three references. Applications must be
submitted on-line at http://www.jobsatcu.com/ using posting number
#815103 (computer systems). Additional information is available at
that site.

--- End Message ---