[pl-seminar] [Fwd: Positions]

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:37:11 -0600
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] [Fwd: Positions]
FYI

Tom

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Positions
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:22:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Bruce Weide <weide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: reps@xxxxxxxxxxx

As you know, this year presents a tough job market for new/recent PhD
graduates who seek academic positions.  Please be aware of the
following announcement about open faculty positions at The Ohio State
University.  Our recent hires have been doing very well: 16 current
tenured and tenure-track faculty members have won NSF Career Awards.
We are hiring again this year, and one of our priority areas is
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES.  If you know of any
strong candidates, please let them know about our open positions.

   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/department/positions.shtml

And, of course, please let them know they may contact me, or any of
our SE&PL faculty, for details and advice about the screening and
hiring process.

--

The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), The Ohio
State University, invites applications for two tenure-track positions

Applicants should hold or be completing a Ph.D. in CSE or a closely
related field, and have a commitment to and demonstrated record of
excellence in research as well as a commitment to excellence in
teaching.

To apply, please submit your application via the online database. The
link can be found at: https://www.cse.ohio- state.edu/cgi-bin/portal/
fsearch/apply.cgi.

Review of applications will begin in January and will continue until
the positions are filled.

The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Women, minorities, or individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.

--
Cheers,
   -Bruce

Bruce W. Weide
Professor and Associate Chair
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University
2015 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH  43210

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~weide