[pl-seminar] [Fwd: Summer Interns]

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:51:53 -0600
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] [Fwd: Summer Interns]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Summer Interns
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:31:51 -0500
From: Michael Hind <hindm@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: reps@xxxxxxxxxxx, horwitz@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tom, Susan

        I hope you are doing well.

We have a very small # of intern slots this year in my dept.   Below is the usual info if anyone is interested

Thanks,
Mike

The Software Technology Department at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center has openings for summer internships in the following areas:

- Programming Language Design and Implementation
- Software Quality/Analysis/Verification
- Software Engineering
- Virtual Machine Performance
- Multicore, GPU, and Cluster Programming
- Reconfigurable Hardware and Hardware Synthesis
- Programming Tools
- Real-Time Systems
- Performance Analysis of Multi-Tier Systems
- Human Centric Tools

Our department performs leading research in a number of areas, all centered on making software development and deployment more efficient and effective while improving productivity of the organization and quality of the resulting software. Our summer internship program provides students with a unique opportunity to experience the research environment that exists here at IBM. The program is highly competitive, and is designed for top students who are interested in tackling challenging research problems. Many of our student interns have authored papers, or even theses, out of their sojourn with us, and many have contributed significantly to open source projects.

IBM is a leading provider of products and services that relate to the full software life cycle activities (i.e., requirements, design, code, test, deployment and maintenance). IBM Research fosters close partnerships with the other IBM divisions that work in these areas and consequently we are constantly exposed to real world problems. This puts IBM Research in a unique place where we become aware of fundamental research challenges and opportunities in the real world before they are visible to the research community at large.

Students who are interested in programming languages and software engineering, and who want to pursue summer internships with our department at the NY T. J. Watson Research Center, should send a resume to our summer internship coordinator Rodric Rabbah (rabbah@xxxxxxxxxx) for further instructions. Students may also directly apply online at the general IBM Research jobs site: http://www.research.ibm.com/about/career.shtml.

Michael Hind, Senior Manager, Programming Technologies Department
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h/hind
914 784-7589
My internal blog:  http://blogs.tap.ibm.com/weblogs/hindsight