[pl-seminar] [Fwd: Internship opportunity at VMware]

Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:57:10 +0100
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] [Fwd: Internship opportunity at VMware]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Internship opportunity at VMware
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 15:39:48 -0500 (CDT)
From: bsmehta@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: reps@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Professor Reps:

We have a new student internship opening in a group that I closely work
with here at VMware.   If you know of anyone who might be ready to look
for an internship, please ask them to forward their resume to me and I'll
send it directly to the hiring manager.

Bhavesh

Job Description:
The Monitor Reliability group at VMware investigates code analysis
technologies and tools for ensuring code correctness and improving
software and security in VMware's source code. Our group is looking for
interns who can help drive our efforts in adopting static analysis
technology throughout the company.

The intern's primary role will be development of custom code checkers for
VMkernel specific code, platform infrastructure specific code and server
management specific code. The candidate will also be helping us improve
tools to deploy static analysis in the software development process. In
addition, the person will also do research on static-analysis related
topics.

We are particularly interested in candidates who have some background in
static source code analysis. They should have strong expertise in
operating systems, compilers  and obviously C/C++. Experience with a wide
range of compilers and OS environments is preferred such as gcc, msvc,
linux, Windows, MacOS etc.

If you are interested please send your resume to Matthias Hausner at
matthias@xxxxxxxxxx. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA and internship
could last from 3 months to 6 months, depending upon the availability of
the candidate. More information about VMware can be found at
http://www.vmware.com

--
Thomas Reps
Professor

On sabbatical leave, Aug. 2007 - Aug. 2008:

Office address:
Thomas Reps
Laboratoire LIAFA
Universite' Paris Diderot - Paris 7
175 rue du Chevaleret
Office 6A15
75013 Paris
France
E-mail: reps@xxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: +33 (0)1.44.27.28.40 (Do not dial the (0) if you are outside France)
Fax: +33 (0)1.44.27.68.49       (Do not dial the (0) if you are outside France)

Mailing address:
Thomas Reps
Laboratoire LIAFA
Universite' Paris Diderot - Paris 7