PL Seminar Wednesday 4/6

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:54:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: Matthew Allen <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: PL Seminar Wednesday 4/6
Hi,
Tomorrow I'll be giving my practice talk for PEPM in CS1325 at
4:00.  Cookies will be provided!  Please see below for the abstract.

--Matt

4:00 pm, 1325 CS
Programming  Languages  Seminar:  Matthew Allen, UW-Madison, "Slicing Java
Programs that Throw and Catch Exceptions"

Exceptions are the preferred method for error  handling  in
object-oriented languages  like  Java.   Current program-slicing
algorithms do not correctly deal with exception-handling constructs,
because they do not account for the additional  control and data
dependences introduced by exceptions.  Our work extends previous work on
program slicing using the system  dependence graph (SDG)  to support
slicing programs with exceptions.  This is a practice
talk for PEPM 2003.  Cookies will be provided.