Re: PL reading group; Security reading group

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:19:29 -0600 (CST)
From: Mihai Christodorescu <mihai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PL reading group; Security reading group

	The security seminar is still alive and kicking. Although we were
up for a slow start this semester, there are a couple of talks coming
soon. Please check the schedule off the security group page:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/areas/sec/

(click on "Seminar Schedule")

	As for the reading group, there are NO explicit or implicit
restrictions on the participants - anyone can come. As mentioned, it is
less formal than a regular talk, more of a weekly discussion on the paper
at hand. We meet every Friday in 1304 CS, from 12:30 to 1:30. You can also
see the list of proposed and current reading: go to the security group
page and click on "Reading Group Schedule".

	I plan to advertise both the seminar and the reading group some
more through mailing lists and posted signs. I am open to any suggestions
for increasing the activity level.

Regards,

Mihai

 Mihai Christodorescu -- mihai@xxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~mihai
   The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also
 to hate his friends.                                - Friedrich Nietzsche
            -- Feed the machine that burns in your head. --