[HTCondor-world] HTCondor's 30th anniversary!

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:37:16 -0500
From: Alan De Smet <adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-world] HTCondor's 30th anniversary!
We're looking to contact all the HTCondor alumni!  If you've hacked on HTCondor, that's you!

It's the UW-Madison CS Department's 50th anniversary! Depending on how you count it, it's HTCondor's 30th anniversary! To celebrate, the HTCondor team is hosting a reception and breakfast for everyone who has worked in the code-mines of HTCondor. Our reception is in conjunction with the CS Department's larger anniversary celebrations.

We'll be hosting a reception at Union South on the afternoon of Saturday, September 13th, 2014.  It's a chance to catch up with current team members and other alumni. We hope to have several very short talks about the past and future of HTCondor, unencumbered by facts. We may remember why we're in computer science and not comedy...

If you're staying the night and need to kill some time before catching your plane, you're also invited to breakfast on the morning of Sunday, September 14th, 2014. We'll select a location based on interest.

We ask that you register if you'll be attending either the reception or breakfast so that we can ensure enough food and space. You can register and get up-to-date details about the reception and breakfast at http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/anniversary.html

You can get more details about the CS Department's celebration and register at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/anniversary

Please feel free to forward this to other HTCondor alumni you know.

Our apologies if you've received duplicates of this announcement.