From: owner-condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alain Roy
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 6:32 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [condor-users] Monitoring DAGs

Peter Shawhan wrote:
>pshawhan> watch_dag H1H2part1.pss2.dag
>Stage  Executable               Total Waiting Queued Running Succeeded
Failed
>   1    lalapps_tmpltbank          238       0      0       0       228
10
>   2    lalapps_inspiral           238      10      0       7       221
0
>   3    lalapps_inca               238      17      0       0       221
0
>   4    lalapps_inspiral           238      17      2      77       142
0
>   5    lalapps_inca               238     142     36       0        60
0

Very nice! I can see how this would be very useful to many people.

A relatively new feature of DAGMan is the ability to create so called
dot
files. Dot is part of the graphviz package, and it can create graphical
represetations of DAGs. Just add a command to you DAGMan input file, and
it
will create one or more dot files, which you can visualize with dot.

It's documented in Section 2.11.7 of the Condor 6.6.0 manual:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_11DAGMan_Applications.html#S
ECTION003117000000000000000

This is a very different visualization from watch_dag, and both have
their
place. I'm glad to see that watch_dag has become available.

-alain

Condor Support Information:

Condor Support Information: