De: "Thomas Birkett - STFC UKRI via HTCondor-users" <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Ã: "HTCondor-Users Mail List" <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Thomas Birkett - STFC UKRI" <thomas.birkett@xxxxxxxxxx>
EnvoyÃ: Jeudi 23 Mai 2024 13:56:38
Objet: Re: [HTCondor-users] Update to RHEL9 workers nodes and Condor 9.XX

Hi Jean-Claude,

I hope you are keeping well. Nordugrid-ARC do have an EL9 repo that one could use for EL9 distroâs. Itâs specified as Rocky 9 however this will work perfectly fine for Alma as well: http://download.nordugrid.org/repos/6/rocky/9/x86_64/updates/RPMS/

As for HTCondor, I would be tempted to upgrade your Condor version on EL7 to the latest (or at least the latest LTS 23.0.x release) as this is the earliest version that supports EL9 (that I can find):

Then once youâve upgraded your conder version to Condor23.0.x you can then migrate to EL9. This should hopefully reduce the complexities with managing both an OS and application upgrade in the same process. As Condor 9.x is no longer actively supported (https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/version-history/introduction-version-history.html)  Iâm unsure how much luck you would have finding Condor 9.0 for EL9.

Many thanks,

Tom