Re: [HTCondor-users] LoadAvg values in PartitionableSlots expected?

Hello,

Angel de Vicente
<angel.vicente.garrido@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> # condor_status  xxxx.xx.xxx.xx -af:h Name Totalcpus Cpus LoadAvg condorloadavg totalloadavg totalcondorloadavg
>> Name                   Totalcpus             Cpus LoadAvg               condorloadavg         totalloadavg          totalcondorloadavg
>> slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   32.0                  16   1.0                   0.0                   32.03                 16.01
>> slot1_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 32.0                  16   17.01                 16.01                 32.03                 16.01

After modifying the source code I can now get LoadAvg to better reflect
the actual load. For example here I submitted a 20 CPUs Condor job, plus
a 12 CPUs job outside Condor:

,----
| # condor_status xxx.xx.xxx.xx -af:h Name totalcpus cpus loadavg condorloadavg totalloadavg totalcondorloadavg
| Name                   totalcpus             cpus loadavg   condorloadavg         totalloadavg          totalcondorloadavg
| slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    32.0                  12   11.61     0.0                   31.57                 19.96
| slot1_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  32.0                  20   19.96     19.96                 31.57                 19.96
`----

And with a small modification to the configuration file, this works now
much better for multi-core jobs.

During the coming days I will monitor our pool to see if I find
something that breaks with these modifications. If not I will make a PR.

Cheers,
--
Ãngel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)