Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem with suspension, job wrapper and cgroups

On 6/7/24 05:02, Andreas Nowack wrote:
Hello,

I observed a problem with job suspension and cgroups-v2 on AlmaLinux 9.4 (kernel 5.14.0-427.16.1.el9_4) with HTCondor 23.0.8 (and other versions as well).

The idea is that jobs should be suspended if there is keyboard/console activity. In principal, this works. At least, HTConder says so if one looks into condor_status or the job's log file. In many cases, I saw the sub-processes of jobs running, even if HTCondor said that the job was suspended.

Hi Andreas:

I think this race condition is fixed in HTCondor 23.7 -- would it be possible for you to try a most recent version?

Thanks,

-greg