Von: "Christoph Beyer" <christoph.beyer@xxxxxxx>
An: "HTCondor-Users Mail List" <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2024 08:47:37
Betreff: Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit the number of user jobs a node

Hi Vikrant,

the easiest way to achieve this is to define a custom ressource:

On the machine:

MACHINE_RESOURCE_NAMES = OnePerHost
MACHINE_RESOURCE_OnePerHost = 1

So the submits would need to have:

Request_OnePerHost = 1

The need in the submit file could also be forced by a transform on the AP of course without the user knowing anything about it.

Another way would probably be to run a startd cron counting the actual slot owners of running slots and put those in a list that run more than 2 jobs. The START _expression_ could then grep on that list and not start the job if the user is in the list. I use something sinilar for shutting down nodes for specific groups. If you are interested in taht code snippet let me know :)

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer