[HTCondor-users] python multiple job event logs in parallel

Hi,

I'm looking at migrating code from querying the schedd directly to reading job event logs, but I would need to query multiple log files. The current python bindings make this a sequential operation, even trying from multiple threads, due to a global mutex.

So, requests:
1. If possible, could this mutex be per-log?
2. Allow polling of the job event log (a true 0 timeout). This would allow checking multiple logs for updates sequentially much faster. Since I can see that this might break existing code, allowing a float for a 1 millisecond timeout would also work well, as it seems like the C++ code natively uses milliseconds.

Best,
David