Re: [HTCondor-users] Support for ambient credentials in built-in S3 plugin

Thank you, I noticed that sentence as well. However, I also noticed that if I turned off pre signing then Condor would report that it is transferring files, hence my initial message to this list.

If using instance profile credentials is not something that Condor plans to support perhaps the correct behavior is for Condor to âignoreâ the transfer if there isnât a pre signed URL - since thatâs the only âsupported wayâ out of the box.

Iâll continue supporting my file transfer plugin for now.Â

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 17:10 Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Per the documentation there is native S3 support, perhaps the curl plugin
> is used for this?

    The native S3 support requires you presigning to happen; see the
third sentence in the first paragraph of the documentation to which you
linked.

- ToddM
--
MG