Re: [HTCondor-users] Send commands to minicondor from outside the container

Hi Cole,

Thanks you for your answer, but I ended up finding the setting that worked for me. All I needed to do was to add the two following lines to the 00-minicondor file:

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

After a condor_reconfig, I can submit jobs from the host machine and even from other containers 😊

That being said, what I cannot do is run the condor_reconfig command itself from host machine or containersâ

I get the exact same error when I try to do so, so I tried adding all the other authentication methods to the file as well:

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_WRITE_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_ADMINISTRATOR_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_CONFIG_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_DAEMON_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_NEGOTIATOR_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_ADVERTISE_MASTER_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_ADVERTISE_STARTD_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

SEC_ADVERTISE_SCHEDD_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, CLAIMTOBE

I also set ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = * and SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL, but that does not fix itâ

Here is what the MasterLog says:

GSS Major Status: General failure

GSS Minor Status Error Chain:

globus_gsi_gssapi: Error with GSI credential

globus_gsi_gssapi: Error with gss credential handle

globus_credential: Valid credentials could not be found in any of the possible locations specified by the credential search order.

Valid credentials could not be found in any of the possible locations specified by the credential search order.

Attempt 1

globus_credential: Error reading host credential

globus_sysconfig: Could not find a valid certificate file: The host cert could not be found in:

1) env. var. X509_USER_CERT

2) /etc/grid-security/hostcert.pem

3) $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/hostcert.pem

4) $HOME/.globus/hostcert.pem

The host key could not be found in:

1) env. var. X509_USER_KEY

2) /etc/grid-security/hostkey.pem

3) $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/hostkey.pem

4) $HOME/.globus/hostkey.pem

Attempt 2

globus_credential: Error reading proxy credential

globus_sysconfig: Could not find a valid proxy certificate file location

globus_sysconfig: Error with key filename

globus_sysconfig: File does not exist: /tmp/x509up_u0 is not a valid file

Attempt 3

globus_credential: Error reading user credential

globus_sysconfig: Error with certificate filename: The user cert could not be found in:

1) env. var. X509_USER_CERT

2) $HOME/.globus/usercert.pem

3) $HOME/.globus/usercred.p12

03/02/23 15:56:02 DC_AUTHENTICATE: required authentication of 127.0.0.1 failed: AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using SCITOKENS|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI|GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error (851968:203).  There is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using IDTOKENS|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS|FS:1004:Unable to lstat(/tmp/FS_XXXeQWHFT)

Thanks,

GaÃtan

Gaetan Geffroy
Junior Software Engineer