Re: [HTCondor-users] zero cputime reported by startd 10.5.0

One possibility is some sort of cgroup problem. Please send along the starter log for the test job.

To verify a little further i executed a known test program who just crunch integer numbers for some 5 minutes.

Another possibility might be that your test was hitting a sampling error. (I don't know how often the 10.5 startd checks/reports accumulated CPU usage.)

So I would try a wrapper script like the following to eliminate some possibilities:

#!/bin/bash
time known-test-program
time known-test-program
time known-test-program
time known-test-program
time known-test-program

; be sure to capture the output and error logs. This will verify that (a) the bash built-in `time` sees CPU usge and (b) that you're not somehow missing a sampling window.

Is that a communication problem with the 9.0.17 schedd ?

I would be very surprised, but I'm pretty sure 9.0.x is out of support at this point.

- ToddM