From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Anderson, Stuart B.
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2023 11:49 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Warning for resource requests without units

What is the best way to configure Condor to generate a submit-time warning for jobs that do not specify units for their resource requests?

The problem I want to solve is users mistakenly assuming, for example, that request_memory has the same default units as request_disk, which results in either excessive job queue wait times, or jobs wasting 99.9% of the memory they are allocated.

Note, someone on the OSG team thought that job transforms happen too late for this use case, and if this works out I may eventually want to change the warning to an error.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson
sba@xxxxxxxxxxx