From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Charles Goyard <cgoyard@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 9:06 AM
To: HTCondor Users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Arbitrarily limit the number of dynamic slots

Hi all,

I just started deploying dynamic slots on my pool (Debian, HTCondor 10),
and it works well.  However, I would like to set an arbitrary limit on
the number of slots than can be created on a single machine.

This is because our sweet spot is somewhere around 6 to 8 jobs running
in parallel.

I could use predefined, static slots to the same effect, but I was
wondering if there is a way to keep dynamic slots and state : "this
machine can be cut in 6 at most".

My setup is very simple for dynamic slots, as it is only :

use feature:PartitionableSlot

I think I already read a conversation about this on this mailing-list,
but I could not find it.

Charles