Re: [HTCondor-users] Reserve slots for high priority jobs

On 1/10/2023 9:02 PM, gagan tiwari wrote:
Hi Guys,
                  We have 3 htcondor executor nodes with 8 cores each. So, we have 24 slots available to run jobs.

Our requirement is to reserve at least 1 core on each  executor node for high priority jobs,  so that 3 slots will remain available for all users to run their high priority jobs.

Job priority can't be used here because a user can set priority only for his/her jobs.

And user priority also doesn't serve purpose because we need everyone to run his / her high priority job on those reserve cores.

So, please let me know how I can achieve this.

Hi Gagan,

Are your execute nodes configured to use static slots (this is the default) or partitionable slots?

If the former, perhaps this HOWTO will show you how to do what you want  -

https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/wiki-archive/pages/HowToReserveSlotForSpecialJobs/index.html

Hope the above helps,
Todd