[HTCondor-users] Authentication error after upgrade to 10.0

Hi,
Our cluster was configured to use the PASSWORD authentication, when originally installed condor 8.8.
After the upgrade to 10.0.16 I commented out "use security:recommended_v9_0" and most of the functionality was restored. But reconfiguring the services without restarting fails both on the CE and the worker nodes. Sending a drain command from the central manager also fails.

condor-ce]# condor_ce_reconfig
ERROR
SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user condor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx using method FS.
Can't send Reconfig command to local master

wn]# condor_reconfig
ERROR SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user unauthenticated@unmapped using no authentication method, which may imply host-based security. Our address was 'IPADDR', and server's address was 'IPADDR'. Check your ALLOW settings and IP protocols.
Can't send Reconfig command to local master

cm ~]# condor_drain -graceful tau-wn01.hep.tau.ac.il     Â
Attempt to send DRAIN_JOBS to startd <IPADDR:9618?addrs=IPADDR-9618&alias=wn01.domain&noUDP&sock=startd_5918_d590> failed
Failed to start DRAIN_JOBS command to slot1_29@xxxxxxxxxxx

How can I restore that functionality and can I do it without dropping all running jobs on the nodes?

Thanks,
David