Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor Messing with Performance Counters

On 11/22/22 03:09, Joachim Meyer wrote:
Good day,

I would assume this might be due to the use of performance counters for
instruction counting in HTCondor interfering with other performance counting
applications.
Is there any way to simply disable HTCondor's "CPUInstructions" counting?

Hi Joachim:

The only way to disable this is to disable the standalone procd, by setting

USE_PROCD = false

on the worker node config (and restarting HTCondor). Let me know if this fixes

the problem, and we can give you a better fix.

-greg

Are there any other ways you can think of, how running a job via HTCondor
might have an effect on performance counting applications?

Just to provide the additional information: I have not been able to reproduce
this by just running a docker container on the same machine while measuring.
Also, it does not have to be a special application run by the job, executing
sleep in a plain ubuntu:latest docker container does have the same effect.

Thanks for any suggestions how to deal with this in advance!

Best,
- Joachim Meyer