Re: [HTCondor-users] One job per machine

On 11/10/22 11:52, Greg Thain via HTCondor-users wrote:
On 11/10/22 11:38, Michael Thomas wrote:
I've got a workflow that is very network intensive (verifying file checksums from a distributed ceph filesystem). Two jobs running on the same machine in the cluster can easily saturate a cluster node's 1Gbps network connection.

Hi Mike:

We can do this with HTCondor Custom Machine Resources. In the startd, add a knob like

MACHINE_RESOURCE_HeavyNetwork = 1

This means that this machine can only run one job where

Request_HeavyNetwork = 1

is in the submit file.

This looks like exactly what I need.  Thanks!

--Mike