[HTCondor-users] Installation script bug?

Hello all,

I am a user of Condor with limited administration experience. I have run into an issue which might be potentially a bug in the install script.

I am trying to setup a pool and particularly I am trying to setup an Ubuntu 20.04 machine as an execution node. As root I have run:

curl -fsSL https://get.htcondor.org | sudo GET_HTCONDOR_PASSWORD="my_password" /bin/bash -s -- --no-dry-run --execute 192.168.50.50

towards the end the script tries starting Condor and produces an error as follows:

Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.9) ...

# Configuring role, if any ...

Neither the environment variable CONDOR_CONFIG,

/etc/condor/, /usr/local/etc/, nor ~condor/ contain a condor_config source.

Either set CONDOR_CONFIG to point to a valid config source,

or put a "condor_config" file in /etc/condor/ /usr/local/etc/ or ~condor/

Exiting.

The same error is produced by condor_status

A file 01-execute.config is present in /etc/condor/config.d but not condor_config is present, instead there is a file name condor_config.dpkg-dist under /etc/condor and when opened it looks like a condor configuration file.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this by any chance an error of the installation script which was supposed to rename condor_config.dpkg-dist to condor_config ?

The same happens when trying to use the installation script for a central manager.

Renaming manually condor_config.dpkg-dist to condor_config on the execute node allows Condor to start on that node, but doing the same on the central manger results in the error:

Error: communication error

CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <192.168.50.50:9618>

Can you kindly advise on how to fix this?

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Andrea